JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RENEWPORT
ReNewport is a non-profit community based organization. ReNewport began and continues to be a resident driven organization with the goal of advancing the Vision 2025 Quality of Life Plan for the City of Newport. This plan is intended to be used in concert with our partners to improve quality of life in six focus areas in the City of Newport consisting of Economic Development; Housing; Education; Community Engagement; Parks, Recreation and Beautification; and Health, Wellness and Safety.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Board of Directors to create job descriptions and hire/terminate staff when appropriate.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with assistance from the Board of Directors.
- Facilitate and coordinate Board of Directors meeting agendas/logistics and the creation of Board Committees.
- Provide direct management/support to all staff and volunteers.
- Provide leadership driving Quality of Life Plan visioning and updates.
- Set direction with task force chairs with regard to membership recruitment and retention for each task force within ReNewport. Provide support to volunteers as needed.
- Represent ReNewport to the media in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Administer and update ReNewport web presence as necessary including event calendar updates.
Fiscal Management and Sustainability:
- Plan, implement and/or supervise implementation of all fundraising, including grant application activities. Prepare requests to local, state and federal governments, foundations, corporations, and other sources.
- Prepare the annual operating budget and work plan with the assistance of each task force and Board of Directors.
- Oversight of preparations for the annual audit; reporting at least quarterly on fiscal issues to the Treasurer and Board of Directors.
- Oversight of all programs, donor relationships, services and projects of ReNewport.
- Develop and maintain good public relationships with the community and all partners.
- Be active in local and state organizations to further advance the Quality of Life Plan.
- Build the capacity of resident volunteers and organizations in the neighborhoods of Newport.
- Continue to create and promote the positive image of Newport and all of it’s neighborhoods.
- BS/BA/MA or equivalent in relevant, community based development program from an accredited college or university. Advanced education can be compensated with experience.
- Strong communication skills, ability to lead, build leadership, create collaboration among residents, community organizations and stakeholders.
- Experience working with local government or non-profit organizations.
- Fundraising and resource development experience.
- Basic computer skills, including use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel; use of internet and email.
Interested applicants should send a resume to via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “ReNewport Executive Director” in the subject line. Applicants will be accepted until the position is filled.
This is a part time contractor position (estimated 12-20 hours a week) starting at $12,000 -$15,000, with growth commensurate with success.
Accountable to: Board of Directors.
ReNewport is an equal opportunity employer.